On January 30, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak now meets the criteria for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), signaling a need for a global coordinated effort to enhance preparedness.
We are taking a number of measures at PWN to monitor the rapidly evolving situation and to consider organization of coming events.
PWN’s Executive Committee decided to apply the following guidelines for events organized by PWN as from March 1st, 2020:
1. Basic preventive measures:
• Avoid close contact (shaking hands, “bises”)
• Wash your hands frequently with water and soap or an antibacterial gel
2. If you have symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath), do not participate in the events (and it is not only the case for PWN’s ones); contact health care professional immediately.
3. If you have recently travelled to countries with an outbreak (orange on the map): China, Iran, Italy, South Korea.., do not participate to PWN events.
4. Stay informed: Knowledge of the coronavirus is evolving and there is a lot of information currently circulation (true and fake).
PWN’s Executive Committee has decided to maintain events in the coming weeks, except in cases where the organization team is not able to ensure the event when applying the above guidelines.
We monitor the situation on a recurring basis and will keep you informed if there is any change.
PWN Paris Presidents and all vice-presidents